"Built-in" functions are functions that are always available for
your `awk' program to call. This chapter defines all the built-in
functions in `awk'; some of them are mentioned in other sections, but
they are summarized here for your convenience. (You can also define
new functions yourself. Note: User-defined Functions.)
- * Calling Built-in
- How to call built-in functions.
- * Numeric Functions
- Functions that work with numbers, including
`int', `sin' and `rand'.
- * String Functions
- Functions for string manipulation, such as
`split', `match', and
- * I/O Functions
- Functions for files and shell commands.
- * Time Functions
- Functions for dealing with time stamps.
Next: User-defined Prev: Arrays Up: Top
[ Dokumentation lokal installierter Software ]