Institut für Umweltsystemforschung
Tel: +49 541 969 2536
Fax: +49 541 969 2599
Prof. Dr. Claudia Pahl-Wostl
- Adaptive governance and management of environmental resources
- Social and societal learning and their role in transformation processes towards sustainability
- Global water governance in a multi-level governance system
- Conceptual and methodological frameworks to analyse social-ecological systems.
- Adaptive Management
- Participatory modelling
- Environmental risk analysis and governance
- Actor based and social network analysis
- Complex Adaptive Systems
- Rule based modelling
- Adaptive Governance and Political Steering
Selected recent Publications:
Pahl-Wostl, C., Conca,K., Kramer,A., Maestu,J., and Schmidt, F. (2013): Missing links in global water governance: A processes-oriented analysis. Ecology and Society, 18(2), 33.
Pahl-Wostl, C., Giupponi,C., Richards, K., Binder, C., de Sherbinin, A., Sprinz, D., Toonen, T., and van Bers, C. (2013): Building the foundations for dealing with the challenges arising from global change Requirements for methodologies, methods, data and knowledge. Environmental Science and Policy, 28: 36-47.
Pahl-Wostl, C., Lebel, L., Knieper,C. and Nikitina, E. (2012): From simplistic panaceas to mastering complexity: Towards adaptive governance in river basins. Environmental Science and Policy, 23:24-34.
Baumgartner, T. and Pahl-Wostl, C, (2013). UN-Water and its role in global water governance. Ecology and Society 18 (3): 3. [online] URL: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol18/iss3/art3/