Job offers at the Institute of Environmental Systems Research
Osnabrück University’s Alexander von Humboldt-Professorship for Environmental Economics invites applications for the position of
Postdoctoral Research Position in Behavioral Economics for the Environment (f/m)
(salary grade E 13 TV-L, 100%)
starting April 1, 2018, for three years, with the possibility of extension for another three years.
Description of responsibilities:
The successful candidate will
- be responsible for designing economic experiments (lab and field), their implementation and analysis, in the area of behavioral economics of environmental policy
- participate in writing third-party grant proposals
- co-advise PhD students
- have the opportunity to work towards a German-style habilitation (i.e. post-doctoral lecturing qualification), or equivalent scientific qualification
- Participate in teaching and supervision of bachelor and master theses
Candidates are required to
- hold a PhD degree in economics, with a focus on environmental economics, experimental or behavioral economics
- have experience in the planning, implementation and analysis of economic experiments
- show interest in the theme of social preferences
- have excellent English skills
Ideally, candidates also
- have experience with field experiments
- have experience with environmental policy-related themes
- have experience with the theme of social proferences
- have very good knowledge of game theory
- have experience with statistics software (e.g. STATA or R)
- have good knowledge of an experimental programming language (e.g. ztree, oTree, SOPHIE or other)
- are interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment
- are capable of working independently
- have some knowledge of German
- at the Alexander von Humboldt-Professorship for Environmental Economics (led by Prof. Stefanie Engel) an excellent scientific environment, a dynamic international team, and the possibility for exchange in international networks
- at the Institute for Environmental Systems Research an interdisciplinary research environment on policy-relevant environmental themes
- participation in a large research project on the role of behavioral economics for the design of environmental policy
- Collaboration with the department of economics and a network of researchers interested in experimental economics (further information can be found at www.laer.uni-osnabrueck.de)
- no formal teaching obligations until September 2019
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping working/studying parents and carers balance their family and work life.
The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
Applications should be submitted as a PDF document, including cover letter, CV, a one-page summary of your research interests and relevant experience, a copy of your best (experimental) paper and a letter of reference. Applications should be send to Eva-Maria Tolzmann (email@example.com) to arrive no later than February 07, 2018. We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact Dr. Ann-Kathrin Kössler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information on the research team and the activities of the professorship can be found at https://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/forschung/envecon.html.