Conferences, Workshops and other meetings
(* = I plan or consider attending.)
Future SMB meetings
- 2018: Sydney - joint with JSMB
- 2017: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 2016: Nottingham, UK - joint with ESMTB
- MPE16: SIAM Conference on Mathematics of Planet Earth. Philadelphia PA (USA), September 30 - October 2, 2016.
- * MPDE-16: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology. Marseille (France), September 5-9, 2016.
- EMS-ESMTB Helsinki Summer School on Mathematical Ecology and Evoltion: Structured Populations. Helsinki (Finland), August 21-28, 2016.
- * ECMTB, joint with SMB: Nottingham (UK), July 11-15, 2016.
- Biomath 2016: Mathematical Methods and Models in Biosciences. Blagoevgrad (Bulgaria), June 19-25, 2016.
- RMA World Conference in Natural Resource Modeling: Flagstaff AZ (USA), June 14-17, 2016.
- Graduate School: Dynamics of Biological Systems. Edmonton AB, (Canada), May 30 - June 6, 2016.
- The Mathematics of Life. Helsinki (Finland), March 7-10, 2016.
- UFZ-Winterschule: Ökologische Modellierung. Leipzig/Kohren-Salis (Germany), March 3-13, 2016.
- DSABNS: Workshop on Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Systems. Évora (Portugal), February 2-5, 2016.
- Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Control of Communicable Diseases: Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), January 11-14, 2016.
- ICTP-SAIFR School on Physics Applications in Biology. São Paulo (Brazil), January 11-29, 2016.
- Southern-Summer School on Mathematical Biology. São Paulo (Brazil), January 4-10, 2016.
- Epidemics5: Clearwater Beach FL (USA), December 1-4, 2015.
- MathCompEpi: Mathematical and Computational Epidemiology of Infectious diseases-the interplay between models and public health policies. Erice (Italy), August 30 - September 5, 2015.
- MPDE-15: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology. Niterói (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), August 25-29, 2015.
- * Nonlinear Dynamics in Biology: From Time Series to Knowledge. Meeting, Münster (Germany), August 25, 2015.
- MPDE-14: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology. Torino (Italy), August 25-29, 2014
- ECMTB: Gothenburg (Sweden). June 15-19, 2014.
- NIMBioS: Predictive Models for Ecological Risk Assessment. Investigative Workshop, National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis, Knoxville TN (USA), April 28-30, 2014.
- SUG: Simulation in den Umwelt- und Geowissenschaften. Workshop, Gesellschaft für Informatik, Arbeitsgemeinschaft Simulation (ASIM), Fachausschuss "Informatik im Umweltschutz". Osnabrück, University of Applied Sciences, March 26-28, 2014.
- Animal Movement in Confined Space: from Space Use Patterns to Epidemic Spread. Bristol (UK), 6-8 December 2013.
- BIRS Workshop: Current Challenges for Mathematical Modelling of Cyclic Populations, Banff International Research Station (BIRS) for Mathematical Innovation and Discovery. Banff, AB (Canada), 10-15 November 2013.
- MPDE-13: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology. Osnabrück (Germany), 26-29 August 2013.
- Uncertainty in Interaction Networks, Bath, UK, 12-13 June 2013.
- Workshop on Dynamical Systems and Applications. Department of Applied Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Madrid (Spain), May 8, 2012.
- YoMo workshop: Connecting Theory, Modelling and Data. Schloss Craheim, Schweinfurt (Germany), 3-6 May, 2012.
- NIMBioS Investigative Workshop: Free-roaming Cats and Rabies. University of Tennessee, Knoxville (USA). 9-11 November, 2011.
- MATE: Mathematical and Theoretical Ecology (former Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology, MPDE-11). University of Essex (UK), 19-21 September, 2011.
- BIRS Workshop: Emerging Challenges at the Interface of Mathematics, Environmental Science and Spatial Ecology. Banff, Alberta (Canada), July 3-8, 2011.
- MBI workshop on Ecology and Control of Invasive Species, Including Insects. Mathematical Biosciences Institute, Ohio, February 21-25, 2011.
- MPDE'10: Models in Population Dynamics and Ecology 2010: Animal Movement, Dispersal and Spatial Ecology. Leicester (UK), September 1-3, 2010.
- Regional Meeting on Mathematics, Computation and Biology. Bristol (UK), June 24, 2010.
- CMPD 3: Conference on Computational and Mathematical Population Dynamics. Bordeaux (France), May 31-June 4, 2010.
- Summer Workshop: Mathematics of Biological Systems. Edmonton, Alberta (Canada), May 11-21, 2010.
- River Workshop: Modeling, Understanding, and Managing River Ecosystems. University of Ottawa (Canada), May 3-4, 2010.
- Workshop on "Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences". Lisbon (Portugal), February 1-3, 2010.
- EpiWork project meeting. Torino (Italy), November 16-18, 2009.
- Workshop on Mathematical Modelling of Epidemics. Bristol (UK), 15th - 16th September 2009.
- MMEE-2009: Mathematical Models in Ecology and Evolution. Bristol (UK), 10-11 September 2009.
- SMB: International Conference on Mathematical Biology and 2009 Annual Meeting of The Society of Mathematical Biology. University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada), July 27 - July 30, 2009.
- BICS Conference on Multiply Structured Populations in Biology. Bath (UK), 1-3 July 2009.
- AIM Workshop on Stochastic and deterministic spatial modeling in population dynamics. American Institute of Mathematics, Palo Alto CA (USA), May 4 to May 8, 2009.
- BIOMAT 2008 Symposium. Campos do Jordao, SP (Brazil), November 22-27, 2008.
- 7th ESMTB Conference. Edinburgh (Scotland), June 30 - July 4, 2008.
- Workshop on Population Dynamics and Mathematical Biology. CIRM Luminy (France), June 16-20 2008
- BIRS Workshop: Dynamics of structured populations. Banff AB (Canada), April 20-25, 2008.
- IGTC: International Graduate Training Centre in Mathematical Biology - First Graduate Research Summit. Vancouver BC (Canada), 28-30 September 2007.
- PhysCon 2007: 3rd International Conference "Physics and Control". Potsdam (Germany), Sept. 3-7, 2007.
- SMB: 2007 Annual Meeting of The Society of Mathematical Biology. San Jose CA (USA), July 31 - August 3, 2007.
- Seconde conférence internationale de la SFBT. Winnipeg (Canada), 4-6 June, 2007.
- Canadian Mathematical Society-MITACS Joint Conference 2007. Winnipeg (Canada), May 31 - June 3, 2007.
- Advanced Course on Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases. Gulbenkian Science Institute, Oeiras (Portugal), 10-14 April 2006.
- Advanced Course / Workshop on "Tuberculosis: Scientific Basis for Control". Gulbenkian Science Institute, Oeiras (Portugal), 7-10 Setember 2005.
- PCMI: Institute for Advanced Study / Park City Mathematics Institute. Park City UT (USA), June 26 - July 16, 2005.
- Theorie in der Ökologie Annual Meeting, Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Seddiner See / Potsdam (Germany), March 3-5, 2005.
- Interdisziplinäre Tagung Wissenschaftliches Modellieren - Ansprüche und Kriterien im Zuge der Theoriebildung, Interdisziplinäre Tagung, Forschergruppe "Wissensformate: Information, Kommunikation, Repräsentation" und SFB 611 "Singuläre Phänomene und Skalierung in Mathematischen Modellen" an der Rheinischen Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Bad Honnef (Germany), November 12-13, 2004.
- JSMB 2004: The 14th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Mathematical Biology, Hiroshima (Japan), September 22-25, 2004.
- MPD 7 & DESTOBIO 3: Computational and Mathematical Population Dynamics (Joint 7th Int'l Conf. on Mathematical Population Dynamics & 3rd Int'l Conf. on Deterministic and Stochastic Modeling of Biointeraction), Trento (Italy), 21-25 June 2004.
- iEMSs 2004: The International Environmental Modelling and Software Society Conference on Complexity and Integrated Resources Management, Osnabrück (Germany), June 14-17, 2004.
- Gordon Research Conference: on Theoretical Biology & Biomathematics, Tilton School, Tilton NH (USA), June 6-11, 2004.
- Mathematical understanding of invasion processes in Life Sciences: Workshop, Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques (CIRM), Luminy (Marseille, France), 15-19 March 2004.
- AICME II: Alcalá 2nd International Conference on Mathematical Ecology, Alcalá de Henares (Madrid, Spain), 5-9 September 2003.
- Scales in Mathematical and Theoretical Ecology. From Individuals to Ecosystems: ESMTB-Summer School, Sigüenza (Spain), 25 August - 3 September 2003
- Nonlinear Dynamics and the Spatiotemporal Principles in Biology: International Leopoldina Symposium, Darmstadt (Germany), 13-15 May 2002
- Systems Science 2000: International Conference on Integrative Approaches to Natural and Social Dynamics, Osnabrück (Germany), 20-22 March 2000