Offene Stellen am Institut für Umweltsystemforschung
The Institute for Environmental Systems Research of the University of Osnabrück has an opening for a
PhD Research Position
(salary scale 13 TV-L, 60 %)
for the duration of three years, starting October 1st 2017.
Description of Responsibilities
- Research on the topic “analysis of transformative learning processes in the direction of sustainability” with a focus on the transformation of the food system. This includes the further development of concepts and methods to map learning processes on and between different levels of the food system. The focus of the analysis is on changes at the level of organizations, social groups and regulatory networks. A comparative analysis between different countries (Germany and South Africa) is envisaged.
- Preparation of a third-party funding proposal for a collaborative project within the Osnabrück University’s research cluster „Human-Environment-Networks“
- Academic degree in Applied System Sciences, Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, Geography or related interdisciplinary programs
- Capability to conduct independent scientific work
- Excellent language skills in German and/or English
- Experience in combining quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience in conducting and analyzing interviews
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaboration
- an excellent scientific and interdisciplinary research environment, the opportunity to work in a dynamic team and to combine basic with applied research and implementation on policy relevant themes in the national and international context.
- xchange in interdisciplinary networks
- Participation in the Osnabrück University’s research cluster “Human-Environment-Networks”
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping working/studying parents and carers balance their family and work life.
The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
To apply, please email Ms. Elke Altekruse (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a statement of interest, CV, transcripts, and the names and contact addresses of three academic references (in one pdf file) by August 15th 2017.
For further information and inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Claudia Pahl-Wostl (email@example.com).