Institut für Umweltsystemforschung
Tel: +49 541 969 3435
(B. Sc. Environmental & Resource Management, M. Sc. Industrial Ecology)
- Sustainability of food systems
- Transdisciplinary transformative research & transdisciplinary co-design
- Participatory processes & facilitation
- Organisational learning with a focus on social learning systems & communities of practice
- Science communication and environmental education
In the REACT4MED project ('Inclusive Outscaling of Agro-ecosystem REstoration ACTions for the MEDiterranean') living labs serve as an exploratory space to develop, test and implement measures to improve sustainable land and water management in the Mediterranean in a participatory process.
The MEDUWA-Vecht(e) ('MEDicines Unwanted in WAter') project developed innovative solutions along the whole pharmaceutical chain to avoid emissions of human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and multi-resistant micro-organisms in soil, (drinking) water, air and food.
Ulbrich, R., and C. Pahl-Wostl. 2019. The German Permaculture Community from a Community of Practice Perspective. Sustainability 11(5):1241. Link to article